The plans for the other two fields include:
- Improving biodiversity and access to the river, including building a series of timber viewing platforms along the riverside
- Creation of a series of new wetland lakes including riverside planting, ponds, reed beds and wet grasslands
- New bridges will connect the river to increase use and access
- Work to existing and new entrances, to connect residential areas with the green space and adjacent town centres
- New lighting and street furniture
A public consultation event to seek the views of local people on the proposed plans is being held on Saturday 4 April. The event will run from 10am to 12.30pm and will feature a walkabout showing where developments are planned, as well as a workshop on proposals so that people can not only learn more about the development plans, but also give their own thoughts and suggestions.
To get involved contact Alison Taylor, Project Manager, on 020 8314 8758 or email email@example.com or meet in Ladywell Fields park, by the entrance on Bournville Road, Catford, at 10am.
Of course in addition to this, and with separate funding, there are also the plans to build an adventure playground in part of the middle field.