Monday, October 09, 2006

Visible Difference

As I was cycling down Gillian Street on Friday morning, I saw the 'Visible Difference' graffiti clean-up team painting over the tagging on shutter of the off-licence on the corner. Delighted it has finally been cleaned - we'd delivered a number of permission cards for them to sign, but it took a while to get a signed one sent back. Next target: the tagging on the empty shop between Masons and the hairdressers (still waiting for the permission card to be signed).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Cllr Luxton,

My name is Stuart Grant and I am the graffiti team manager for Lewisham Council. With regard to the above, I will check the location tommorow and if found to still be vacant arange for any graffiti present to be removed. I will post any before and after images on the Lovelewisham website.

Regards,

Stuart Grant

Anonymous said...

Great, thanks Stuart. I'll send you an e-mail about a couple of other bits of tagging that have been around for a while and I can't seem to get the property owners to send the card back.

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, the graffiti has now been removed from the vacant shops shutters located in Hither Green Lane. Pictures are available to be viewed by visiting cam2web.co.uk and navigating to the 'Before and After' section under yesterdays date, 15th November. Let me know of the other locations as soon as you have them.

Regards,

Stuart Grant
Graffiti Team Manager

Anonymous said...

Thanks Stuart, but are you maybe getting me confused with another councillor/did you mean Ladywell Road? There is also tagging on 2 other empty properties on Ladywell Road - either 103 and 105, or 101 and 103 - I need to check.

Anonymous said...

I do apologies, I did mean Ladywell Road. I just came back from allocating another job on shutters in Hither Green when I posted the previous comment. Must focus.

I'll check on the other location next week.

Regards,

Stuart Grant
Graffiti Team Manager